This page explains how this site, which is managed by Norfolk Museums Service, uses any information you give to us, and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We do not pass on your details to any third party unless you give us permission or the Council is legally obliged to do so.
Data Protection Officer
Norfolk County Council appoints a Data Protection Officer who coordinates Data Protection across the Council and can be contacted by writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
Norfolk County Council, Norfolk Record Office
The Archive Centre
Alternatively you can telephone 01603 222170.
What information do we collect?
If you are a user with general public and anonymous access, the SHARE Museums East website does not store or capture personal information, but merely logs the user’s IP address that is automatically recognised by the web server.
If you book onto one of our training courses or events, or sign up to receive our eBulletin, we may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing your booking
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Site usage information – Log files
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site. We put together log file information from all our visitors, which we use to make changes to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information or information about which other sites you have visited.
Links to other websites
Access to your information and contacting Norfolk County Council
E-mail: Norfolk Museums Service
Phone: 01603 493625
Head of Museums
Norfolk Museums Service